As part of natures design, food (obviously a naturally occurring substance) was intended to be used as “medicine”. Nutrition is defined as: the process of providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth. Nutrition cures disease.
Health Benefits of Garlic:
- Contains allicin, which is released when a garlic clove is chopped, mashed, or chewed. Allicin has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant properties. (Garlic is most effective when it’s finely chopped, minced, or pureed and left out for 10-15 minutes before consumption or cooking.)
- Also contains Selenium, which is a mineral that the body needs for optimal health. Selenium is necessary for your reproduction system, thyroid function, and protects your body from the damage that can be caused by free radicals and infections.
- Increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Immune system boost.
- Contains rich levels of Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, copper, potassium, protein, manganese, phosphorus, Zinc, and Calcium
- Natural blood thinner and purifier.
How to use Garlic:
- The best way you can use garlic for medicinal purposes is to eat it raw. This can be challenging, but I promise, it’s worth it! All my research suggests that it’s ideal to crush, chop, or puree your raw garlic and leave out for 10-15 minutes before consuming or cooking (if you don’t let it sit out first you will deactivate the enzyme responsible for the release of allicin).
- Simply adding garlic to cooked meals will also provide you with nutrients to heal your body.
- If you absolutely can’t add garlic to your diet you can find good quality organic garlic pills.
How frequently should you consume garlic and how much at a time?
If you are trying to maintain general health, aim to consume garlic daily. You can have as much or as little as feels good to you. This is a time to listen to your body. Decide what feels best for you.
If you are sick however, there are many options. With so many ailments and different doses required, you’ll need to do a little research to find what will work best for you. You are welcome to leave a comment below or email me personally if you have specific questions on an illness you, or someone you care for, may have.
When do you know it’s time to heal yourself using garlic?
- first sign of the common cold or flu
- infections, both viral and bacterial
- to strengthen your immune system
- for detox
- high blood pressure
- cancer prevention
Have you ever treated yourself with garlic as a natural home remedy? Share your testimony below.
*I am not a doctor or health care professional. All information and opinions provided are to educate people on natural options.*